Spicy Creamy Chicken Pasta
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes Serves:4
Calories:598 Carbs:66.6 Fat:18.6 Protein:39.2
- 16 oz. of Penne Pasta (always cook al dente in salt water according to pkg directions)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut in 1″ cubes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, long thin slices
- 1 c. Broccoli florets
- 1 c. Asparagus, chopped in 1″ pieces
- 1 c. Grape tomatoes
- Veggies are optional, whatever your favorites are
SPICY CREAM SAUCE
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 c. half & half
- 1/4 tsp. of red pepper flakes
- 1 c. Feta cheese (Or Parmesan)
- Cook your pasta and let it drain. (Add a bit of olive oil to my pasta water during cooking so the noodles don’t stick together).
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook chicken until done and golden on all sides. Remove and let rest in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining olive oil and begin sauteing the onions for 2 min.
- Add in the garlic and bell pepper and saute another 2 mins.
- Then toss in any other veggies you like (broccoli, asparagus, etc…) saving the tomatoes until the very end.
- When the Veggies are done toss them in the bowl with the Chicken
Make your Sauce:
- In the same pan you cooked the chicken and veggies in, melt the butter over medium heat. Toss in the flour and stir, cooking 1-2 minutes. (We are making a roux)
- Slowly add in the half and half while stirring to prevent any clumps from forming. Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and allow to simmer until you see boiling action. Stir periodically.
- When your sauce begins to thicken and bubble, turn off the heat and add in your cheese. Stir until melted.
- To assemble everything – add the pasta first so it gets nice and coated with sauce and then toss the Chicken and Veggies in!!
Get a real taste of healthy pasta with this creamy chicken recipe!